Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Indie Spotlight: Above the Curve Nail Polish LE We Are The World

*We Are The World provided for honest and unbiased review.  All other products mentioned were purchased by me.*

Hey there!  I promised at the end of my last post that I'd have another Above the Curve polish to show you and I'm keeping my word!  ATC is ever a brand for supporting charities and every once in awhile they come up with something extra special for a specific cause.  Today's polish definitely fits the "extra special" bill!


We Are The World is a Limited Edition polish made to celebrate Earth Day.  I cannot even begin to describe the depth of love I have for this polish.  I mean, just look at it!  Is it not the perfect deep ocean blue?  It reminds me very strongly of images captured of the Earth from space.  Angel and Shawn have gone above and beyond with this beauty!


We Are The World is somewhere between a jelly and a crelly base (is there a name for this??) loaded with blue, green, and holographic glitters in different sizes and shapes, including my beloved dots!  ATC could not have made me a custom polish more perfect than this one...deeply, beautifully blue with dots...simply perfection!  The cerulean shade of this polish is similar to Sinful Colors Endless Blue, but does not have the nasty smell that I associate with that one.


The formula was also perfection, opaque in 2-3 coats and super smooth.  You may have to do a bit of fishing for the large dots, but all the other glitters popped straight out of the bottle with no trouble.  I'm showing 3 coats of We Are The World here with one coat of Gothic Gala Lacquers Smooth Me Over top coat and one coat of Seche Vite.

*We Are The World provided for honest and unbiased review.  All other products mentioned were purchased by me.*

Not only is this polish special because of its beauty, it also has the distinction of being a charity polish for The Sierra Club Foundation.  This Foundation is all about America leaving fossil fuels behind to replace them with clean energy (solar, wind, etc.) which makes it a perfect organization to support for Earth Day!  Angel and Shawn are donating $2 of each bottle of We Are The World sold to The Sierra Club Foundation.  You can purchase this polish (and all their other lovely creations) on ATC's Big Cartel site.  We Are The World is a very reasonably $8.50 for a full size bottle...you really don't want to miss this one, folks!  You can keep up with Above The Curve's Facebook page to keep abreast of new releases, swatches, and other good stuff!

Thanks so much for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Your nails are amazing! I absolutely love painting my nails and wish I was as creative as you! They are really pretty! I've nominated you for The Liebster Award see here let me know when you have answered so I can have a read xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous blue!! As much as I usually like pastels this time of year, I think after this winter I'm almost ready to bypass those and get into some deeply saturated colors like this. And I have to agree...DOTS!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!