Pages

Monday, March 31, 2014

Indie Spotlight: Above the Curve Nail Polish Spring Collection

*All Above the Curve products mentioned provided for honest and unbiased review. All other products mentioned were purchased by me.*

Good evening, everyone!  I'm excited to report that my bf will be coming home from the hospital on Wednesday and he's been doing so much better.  It's a good start to the week here and I have some great polishes to show you as well which makes it just that much better!

I was thrilled when Angel and Shawn from Above the Curve Nail Polish emailed me to tell me that my blog had finally come up to review their next collection.  I'm a huge fan of their polishes and they're both just the nicest folks!  In fact, ATC is one of the first indies I ever bought  and they, therefore, hold a special place in my heart.  They've got a new Spring collection coming out and were nice enough to send me three polishes to review.  The collection is called Power To The Polish Peeps and features some lovely pastel shades.


Let's start with Have Your Peeps Call My Peeps, a delicate petal pink creme with a fuchsia shimmer and a twinkling of holographic sparkle.  I'm not sure we can get much Springier than this one, folks!  The color, the sparkle...it calls to mind little buds opening for the first time.


The formula here was good but you'll definitely want to make sure each coat is dry before starting the next, I went a little too fast and got some dragging.  That's most likely due to my own impatience though...just a good tip to remember :)  I'm showing 3 coats but you can probably get away with 2.  I did use one coat of Seche Vite to top things off.   


HYPCMP is just a pretty, pretty polish and the holographic sparkle just gives it a little something extra.


Twin Peeps (I had to say it out loud before I got it lol) is a barely-there pink crelly packed with tons of pastel dots in different sizes, pink butterflies, and baby blue stars.  Though I really love the glitter mix in this polish, I do kind of wish it was in a clear base rather than a crelly.  I found that the glitters got covered up rather quickly in this base and I wish they'd show through a little more.  That said, it's a very Spring-y color combo.
 

 I had no other formula issues with this one.  Again, I've applied 3 coats with one coat of Seche Vite and because of the bigger glitters, you'll want a good top coat to smooth any bumpiness.  There is a bit of fishing with this polish for the larger glitters, but if you turn the bottle upside down a few minutes before application, you should breeze on through!


Overall, I really like Twin Peeps.  I think the colors are perfect for the season and I'm always a fan of the crelly glitter bombs.
 

Peepers Creepers is my favorite of the three.  A beautiful minty green creme with a pretty holographic sparkle, Peepers Creepers exudes Spring-y refreshment.  My love of polish in general began with the hunt for the perfect minty green polish and this one could definitely be a contender!
 

A beautiful formula here, opaque in 2-3 coats.  I'm showing 3 here with a coat of Seche Vite.  We finally had a warm day here in Chicago and when I broke out my flip flops, I grabbed this polish to wear on my toes...I just love it!


*All Above the Curve products mentioned provided for honest and unbiased review. All other products mentioned were purchased by me.*

The quality of these polishes is just what I've come to expect and love about Above the Curve...they just do great polish!  Additionally,for each bottle of polish they sell they donate $1 to Shriner's Hospitals for Children.  These three polishes plus the other four in the Power To The Polish Peeps collection are currently available at Above the Curve's Big Cartel site for $8.50 for a full size bottle.  I also encourage you to follow Angel and Shawn over at their Facebook page to keep up with new releases, giveaways, and all sorts of good stuff!

I have one more Above the Curve polish to show you guys, but it's pretty special so it's getting its own post later in the week.  I hope you've enjoyed this one and thanks so much for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I like all of these, but I think I like the pink the best. Beautiful photos too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!