Pages

Monday, November 4, 2013

Try It On Tuesday: Lucky 13 Lacquer Now Wrath, Now Ruin, and A Red Dawn


Hi there!  I've missed the last couple of Try It On Tuesday posts, I've just been so busy.  But I have such a pretty, pretty to show this week and, as it was a gift from our lovely founder Gini from SassyPaints, I knew I had to show it off!  Lucky 13 Lacquer is a brand I stalk regularly and covet with a passion, but until recently did not own.  She has so many lovely creations and I drool over all of them.  The Mish Mash Challenge girls did a Halloween polish exchange and Gini ended up being my secret polish buddy for which I count my lucky stars cuz she sent me not one but TWO L13Ls and I have one to show you today! 


Now Wrath, Now Ruin, and A Red Dawn is part of L13L's There and Back Again collection, inspired by J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit.  The whole collection is a knock out and I full intend on grabbing more once my budget allows. 


NWNRAARD is a dark teal-ish green jelly brimming with silver, red and turquoise glitters in several sizes.  This polish is breathtaking, truly!  The color glows and the glitters give it just the right sparkle!  I actually think this will make a great holiday polish because the color combo reminds me of Christmas, which I'm sure is a side effect that Jessica (the creator of Lucky 13) may not have intended but I love it! 


Being a jelly, NWNRAARD is sheer and I used between 4-5 coats for these photos but who cares?!  The depth is totally worth it and the formula, dry time and finish were all near perfect.  I did top it with a coat of Seche Vite to smooth out the glitter a bit, but nothing more bumpy than normal. 

Lucky 13 Lacquer is currently on vacation, orders are being taken but won't start to be filled until Nov. 5th...which is tomorrow now that I think about it lol  Most of her polishes retail for $8.50 for a 15ml bottle and $6.00 for a 10ml, with a few priced a couple bucks higher depending on the glitter mix.  If you haven't perused her site yet, I highly suggest you do so and pick out some lovelies for yourself!  And don't forget to follow her on Facebook to keep up with the latest releases and updates!  Trust me, you'll want to keep an eye on this one, folks!

Thank you so much for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!