Pages

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Indie Spotlight: Shirley Ann Nail Lacquer Holiday Polishes

*All Shirley Ann Nail Lacquer products provided for honest and unbiased review.  All other products purchased by me*

Happy Thanksgiving!  As this post will end up going out after midnight CST, it's technically the day of thanks here in the States.  I hope everyone has a fantastic time with family and friends today :)  I've got a few more lovely polishes from Shirley Ann Nail Lacquer to show you this evening.  Each of these polishes are from Cherish's holiday collection and they are certainly festive. 


When the Ball Drops is a glitter topper chock full of pink and blue micro glitters, gold hexes, and a colorful holographic sparkle.  I've layered WtBD over 2 coats of Deborah Lippman's Edge of Glory.  I did a glitter gradient on all but my accent nail, which is showing 3 coats of WtBD.  This polish is nearly full-coverage at 3 coats because the glitter is so densely packed in.  Even with that, the formula was great!  Not too thick and no gloppiness or pooling weirdness.
 

I did use a coat of Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri to smooth out the glitters, but it probably wasn't necessary as this topper is pretty smooth all on its own.
 

WtBD definitely speaks of late night fireworks, kisses at midnight and champagne toasts...a perfect party polish!
 

Fluffy Stuff is a clear based topper with silver holographic and bright blue micro glitters, icy silver hexes and snow white bar glitters. This is another one of those holiday polishes that will serve you long after Christmas has come and gone.  The combination of glitters and the color do lean toward the winter season, but definitely don't scream "Happy Holidays!"
 

I've layered 2 coats of FS over 3 coats of Essie's Bouncer, It's Me.  This turned out to be a pretty pairing, I was worried the blue glitters in FS would get lost in the blue of the Essie, but it actually made them pop right out. 
 

I love the colors and the formula is great on this topper (again, you'll possibly want a top coat; Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in one coat shown here).  My only issue is the bar glitter.  I just don't like bars.  They never want to play nice with me for some reason...most likely operator error lol  Overall though, FS is a pretty topper and has so much sparkle, I can look past the bars.


Not Your Mama's Cranberry Sauce is my favorite of this bunch.  A glitter jelly sandwich in a bottle! NYMCS has a deep red (cranberry, if you will) jelly base packed with gold and holographic hexes in several sizes.  Definitely nothing ordinary here...squishy and yummy!


I've used 3 coats of NYMCS all by its lonesome, this lady does not need anything but herself to shine!  You could use a base polish if you like a more opaque look, but she's definitely opaque enough for me at 3 coats.  NYMCS is super shiny on its own, but I did top it with a coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri for extra durability. 
 

I love everything about this polish, from the name to the squishiness to the finish!  Gorgeous and a must have as far as I'm concerned!
 

Finally we come to Rudolph Ralphed (feel free to giggle, I did!).  RR is another glitter topper, this time with bright red and gold hexes in various sizes and Christmas tree green squares.  I'm not sure you could wear this without thinking of the holiday season, but it's very festive for that occassion.
 

I've layered one coat of RR over 2 coats of Julep's Rebel...I thought the silver would add a little more holiday cheer, as if that was necessary!  I had no issues with fishing and the formula was fantastic!  I did use a coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri, but everything was pretty flat on my nails without it.


All of these polishes are listed on Etsy for $6 for a full size bottle.  If you have not tried out Shirley Ann Nail Lacquer, this Black Friday weekend is a perfect time to do so!  Cherish is having an awesome sale, BOGO on up to 3 polishes with free shipping on orders over $15!  I *think* she's also planning some flash sales and other fun stuff, so be sure to like her Facebook page to keep updated.

Thanks so much for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!