Pages

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Indie Spotlight: Shirley Ann Nail Lacquer Knot-Knot and In Loving Memory

*Shirley Ann Nail Lacquer products provided for honest and unbiased review.  All other products purchased by me.*

How is everyone today?  The Thanksgiving countdown has really begun and I can't wait!  I get to hang out at a good friend's house on Thursday with good food and good people...what more could you ask for?  Well, some awesome nails couldn't hurt, could they?  I've got two gorgeous glitter toppers to show you today from Shirley Ann Nail Lacquer.  These two polishes are a duo that Cherish (owner and creator of SANL) made in remembrance of her mother who passed away 10 years ago this month.  I think she's created a beautiful tribute here, so let's take a look.


Knot-Knot is a clear base loaded with lavender hexes, fuchsia squares and large hexes, and a generous sprinkling of holographic micro glitter.  I chose to layer this over a white to purple gradient created with Essie's Blanc, China Glaze's Tart-y For the Party, and O.P.I.'s Funky Dunkey.  


This topper is so pretty!  I love the glitter combination and the colors.  The formula was also great, this is one coat with a little extra fishing for the larger glitters.  A layer of top coat (Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri here) will help smooth out any bumpiness, not that there was much.
 

I worried that the gradient might be too busy to show off Knot-Knot's glitters, but I actually think they enhance each other...which is exactly what a good topper should do!


In Loving Memory is a blue glitter topper with large metallic blue squares, periwinkle hexes, large lavender hearts and a hefty dose of royal blue micro glitter.  I'm showing 2 coats of ILM over a subtle gradient created with Wet 'n' Wild's 2% Milk and Sinful Colors' Sail La Vie.  Once again, this combination just feels made for each other!


You might have to fish a bit for the hearts here, but it's not a big issue at all.  And the end result is so lovely, you just won't care!  The formula was great, the base flowed on the nail without any weirdness.  I've used one coat of Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri as a top coat and had no issue with bumps.
 

Both of these beauties are available on Etsy for $6 for a full size bottle, but you may want to wait for Cherish's awesome Black Friday/Small Business Saturday/Cyber Monday deals!  You'll want to follow her on Facebook for all the deets, but I do know there's BOGO polishes and free shipping over $15, plus flash sales which you definitely won't want to miss!  I'll have another post tomorrow to show off some of Shirley Ann Nail Lacquer's holiday polishes so be sure to tune in for that!

Thank you so much for reading :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!