Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Born Pretty Store Review: Halloween Themed Water Decals

*Decals provided by Born Pretty Store for honest and unbiased review.  All other products purchased by me.*

  Hi there, folks!  I can't tell you how awesome it felt to open up Blogger today and see that I have 216 followers on GFC!  And to top that off, I opened up Facebook and I've got 406 Facebook likes!  Seriously, I can't thank you all enough!  I'm so thrilled to think that so many people have taken an interest in my little ol' blog...it's just crazy!  I'm planning another "thank you"/fall/Halloween giveaway for October, so I do hope you will all stick around for that :)

Ok, on to today's post!  I have some fun Born Pretty Store nail decals to show you.  With Halloween right around the corner, these little skulls are perfect to decorate any spooky mani! 



This listing of water decals has 24 different patterns to choose from.  The pattern I chose (#71) contains 26 skull and 10 crossbone decals.  The skulls are influenced by the Dia de Los Muertos sugar skulls, very cute!  I was pleased with the amount and variety of patterns and, they currently retail for $0.99 so you can't really beat the price!  Over all, I like these decals.   I think they'll be perfect for the upcoming Halloween season!  I have to apologize that I don't have a couple more photos, but for some reason Warm He-Art-ed showed up very green in all my photos.  The polish is actually a soft brown with a pretty pink/orange shimmer, so I'm not sure where the green came from.  I had to color correct a bunch just to get the two photos I have and they're still a bit green.  Oh well, we win some, we lose some lol


The decals were fairly easy to use, although the directions on the package are a bit confusing.  Basically, you want to paint your base color (here I've used Finger Paints' Warm He-Art-ed) and let it dry.  Cut the decal(s) you'd like to use from the card and remove the plastic film from the top.  Float the decal in water for 10-15 seconds and then place on your nail.  Here's where there's some confusion.  Other water decals I've used have the pattern facing the backing, so you place them face down on your nail and then peel the backing off.  This set has the pattern facing away from the backing, so you have to peel the decal off of the backing before placing it on the nail.  Fortunately, they don't stick immediately so you've got some wiggle room to move them around.  After I figured out what was going on, it was a snap to flip the decal the right way with tweezers.  Then I applied a coat of Seche Vite and I was good to go!


*Decals provided by Born Pretty Store for honest and unbiased review.  All other products purchased by me.*
 
If you decide to order these decals or any other BPS products, please use my 10% discount code, YFL91.  BPS is a great place to find all kinds of great nail polish and supplies so be sure to check them out!  Thanks so much for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!