Pages

Friday, August 9, 2013

Essie: For The Twill Of It


Howdy everyone!  It's Friday already!  Can you believe it?  I've got to work tomorrow anyway, but am planning to spend a relaxing evening in the park, listening to some music with good friends so that will make up for it.  I managed to get my lemming of the week out of the way early, so I thought I'd show her off here.

Unless you're not into polish (which, in that case, I'm not sure why you're here) or have been living under a rock, you'll know about the buzz that Essie has created with their Fall 2013 For the Twill of It Collection.  The namesake polish is mostly what's creating the buzz so I knew I had to have it.  Two quick Ulta stops later (the first store was out...thank goodness for multiple Ultas!), it's mine.


For the Twill of It is a purple/green/teal/silver multichrome polish and the bane of nail blog photographers everywhere!  The formula on FtToI is beautiful!  Smooth and creamy, opaque in 2 coats, it's fantastic!  I know some Essies have had a reputation for being troublesome, but this one's a dream!  And the color...sigh...the color.  I'm pleased to say that the bottle shots I saw of this are not doctored to high heaven.  The polish looks great in the bottle and great on the nail.  Not so great in my photos.  My camera just isn't able to catch all that gorgeous multichrome shift, but it's definitely there.
 

FtToI is touted as a dupe for O.P.I.'s Peace, Love & O.P.I. and I did compare them in store.  They look spot on, but I'm not sure how they'll compare on the nail.  I can tell you that I'm happy enough with the Essie that I can't imagine needing the O.P.I. as well so I didn't grab it.

Have you bought any of Essie's new collection yet?  I almost picked up Cashmere Bathrobe as well, but decided against it at the last minute.  I'm just not quite ready for the darker colors of fall yet.  I've still got a zillion untried summer polishes! lol 

Thanks so much for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I bought, but have not tried. And I picked up Cashmere Bathrobe and The Lace Is On (fuchsia). They both mix very well with Twill. SOOO happy to hear that it looks as good on the nail as in the bottle. It is GORGEOUS in the bottle!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!