Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Solange by Zoya


Hello!  Hope everyone has had a fabulous Thursday :)  I'm sitting in front of my computer with a homemade avocado mask on my head.  I look great, I'm sure lol  Well, at least my nails look great!

I made a trip to Ulta over Memorial Day weekend and scooped up a few new polishes.  As soon as I saw the swatches of Zoya's Summer PixieDust collection, I knew I had to have Solange.  I'm a sucker for the texture trend and something about her color and sparkle just spoke to me!


Can you blame me?  Look at her...*sigh*.  So lovely!  To call this polish simply a yellow textured polish is a crime.  Solange is described on Zoya's website as a "gold metal foil sparkle" and she is all of those things in spades!  The sparkle is amazing, especially in sunlight.  Not that I'd know much about sunlight, what with summer resolutely refusing to appear here in Chicago, but trust me, the sparkle dazzles!


Application was easy, 2-3 coats for opacity and no formula problems to speak of.  Although Solange does dry quickly, I did have a few smudges I had to fix.  I do think that's more due to my base coat not being fully dry when I applied Solange...I was impatient to get that loveliness on my paws!

Of course I can never leave well enough alone, so after a day of this lady by herself, I decided to jazz her up with a gradient.


To create the gradient, I added Tangerine Dream, Sugar Rush, and Hot Cinnamon from JulieG's Frosted Gumdrops collection.
 

I think it looks like a tropical sunset...all that's missing is the ocean!

I hope you enjoyed this manicure as much as I did.  Thanks so much for reading!

1 comment:

  1. That gradient is fabulous! I agree it does look like a tropical sunset! Let's wear this mani and go the beach!!! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!