Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

Emily de Molly's Cosmic Forces


Howdy, everyone!  We're back around to Monday already, did everyone get some relaxation in this weekend?  It was in short supply for me as we've come to festival season here in Chicago.  My employer, Dana Reed Designs, does a few of the shows every summer and last weekend, I helped her work the booth both Saturday and Sunday.  It's fun, but it sure wears me out!

Anyway, on to the important topic here, nail polish!  I was lucky enough to snag a bottle of Emily de Molly's Cosmic Forces during last week's Llarowe restock.  I missed it on the early restock, but managed to nab it in the evening one.  I really wanted Oceanic Forces as well, but either she didn't do a restock on it or I just missed it both times.  In any case, I got the bottle a couple of days ago and am just now getting my post up about it.  Without further ado, on to the pictures!


CF is a dark purple jelly packed with lavender and fuchsia micro glitter, lavender hexes, fuchsia dots and large lavender holo dots.  This polish definitely lives up to all the lip (blog post) service that I've read over the last few months.  It's simply stunning! 


I didn't have any trouble with application, this is 3 thin coats.  I did have to fish a bit at first for the larger dots but, after the first coat, I turned the bottle upside down between coats and I had no issues after that.  All the glitter laid flat on my nails and 2 coats of Seche Vite was enough to smooth out any bumpiness.
 

I wish I could have gotten a better shot of the depths of CF on my nails, but my camera just wouldn't cooperate.  Above is a macro of the bottle so you can get an idea of the depth here.  Cosmic Forces really is worth every penny...so, so pretty!  Even my boyfriend said "Wow!  That's got so much depth!" when I showed him my swatch.  

Thanks so much for reading and stop back by for my next ABC Challenge post coming up (hopefully!) tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. aaahhhh yesss!! sooo pretty! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! It's really so lovely, I just can't stand it! lol Thank you!

      Delete
  2. there's a couple of brands I always miss ...this is one of them. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all random I think...I've sat there and refreshed a billion times and got nothin' This time I was lucky...thanks, Liz!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!