Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

Above the Curve: Achy Break-y and Oh, the Places You'll Go!


Howdy, everyone!  I hope this Monday evening finds you well.  I received some pretty spectacular nail mail over the weekend and I'm expecting yet more this week.  Oh, internet sales, you are a blessing and a curse (to my bank account)!  Anyway, today I have 2 polishes to show you from Above the Curve Nail Polish.  ATC is a brand I've had my eye on for awhile and they had a sale last week, so I decided it was high time to give them a shot.  I must say, I'm very happy that I did!  This post will be a little more picture heavy than most of mine because I just love these polishes so much, I had to show 'em off!  Here we go!

**All products were purchased by myself and all views and opinions are my own**


Meet Achy Break-y, a stunning glitter bomb chock full of red holographic, red and purple hex glitters in a fuchsia jelly base.  I could not stop staring at this beauty and was sad to have to take it off at all.  Application was great, this is 3 thin coats and opacity was good.  You could run this over a red or black base if you wanted to use less of AB, although I can't see why you would!


My camera didn't really want to capture this one very well and it's showing up a bit more red here than it actually is.  AB has much more of a fuchsia color to it IRL.
 

You can see some of the holographic sparkle in the above photo.  It was that exact sparkle that got me wondering how it would look mattified...so I did it:
 

As you can see, it looks pretty fantastic all matte-ed out.  There is just something about matte glitter that makes my heart sing...*sigh*



Ok, as much as I hate to leave Achy Break-y, let's move on to the second lovely I got this weekend.  I am a complete sucker for a white crelly with pretty much any sort of glitter in it...I mean, what's not to like?!  That said, I give you Oh, the Places You'll Go!

**All products were purchased by myself and all views and opinions are my own**


As you can tell from the name, this is a Dr. Suess inspired polish.  Just check out the book of same name and you'll see exactly where the color combo comes from.


OTPYG is a lovely white crelly (creme/jelly for those who don't know the term) with pastel blue, pink, yellow and purple hex glitter and purple micro glitter.  It is the perfect polish for spring; soft, pretty and sweet!
 

The above photo shows the glitter a bit better.  Application again was great, no dragging or balding and the glitter applied easily.  I actually used 4-5 coats here because I love the depth you get with the layers of glitter.  You could definitely apply this over an opaque white polish to use fewer coats.

And, because I can never leave well enough alone, here are a few shots of OTPYG with a matte top coat as well.  I actually really like this version as well, it gives the polish a boost of sophistication.



So there you have it!  You can find Above the Curve on Big Cartel and Etsy.  The Big Cartel sale is still going on and most of their polishes are $6...which is a fantastic price!  Additionally, $1 from each bottle sold goes to Shriners Hospitals for Children, so you're not just feeding your habit, you're supporting a good cause.  I love it when those things combine lol


**All products were purchased by myself and all views and opinions are my own** 

As always, thanks so much for reading!

2 comments:

  1. As much as I like the dark red - matted, of course - I just love Oh, The Places You'll Go!

    I so want to go look at ATC, but my wallet says NO! until next month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have so much more willpower than I. I just stopped by Walgreen's and unfortunately saw the new Sinful Colors Diamond Lust display. I bought six...they're so sparkly!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!