Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Haul and a Manicure


Howdy!  As most of you know, Walgreen's has a lovely coupon for $1 off Sinful Colors nail polish, making them $0.99 a bottle.  And since SC has a couple of new lines out right now, I just couldn't resist picking up one or two...or 13 (the coupon says the limit is 3, but I assure you, I got $13 off of my purchase today) lol  Add to that my earlier trip to Walgreen's AND a trip to Claire's and you have the below photo:


Yay for hauls!  Seriously, I need to get some new shelves.  This collection is taking over my apartment something fierce!

I do have a quick manicure for you today too.  This was an experiment and I'm not sure how well it turned out.  I do like it, but I don't think it photographed so well.  What do you guys think?


This is 2 coats of Revlon's Fashionista, a deep teal green creme, and one of my weekend haul polishes.  I used Sinful Colors In the Spotlight to dab from the base of my nails til about the mid-point.  In the Spotlight is part of Sinful Colors' Almost Famous Limited Edition Glitters line; it's a multi-colored glitter containing pinks, silvers and greens all in a shimmery mint green base.  I'm actually not sure if the base is clear and packed with micro-glitter or if it's a mint green shimmer...either way...ppppprrrreeeettttyyyy!


After I dabbed In the Spotlight on, I used a dotting tool to go back on top with Fashionista again.  In certain lights, this manicure sort of looks like fish scales which is cool.  But I'm not sure I'd call it a success. 


What do you guys think?  And did any of you score some Sinful Colors at Walgreen's today?  Gotta love a good sale!

Thanks so much for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Ooh! What shade is the pinkish color between the orange creme and glitter in the haul pic?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's called Starfish. It's a pink-y mauve that was originally part of SC's 2011 Adventure Island collection, but has been brought back in 2013 for their Sugar Rush line. I can't wait to try all those shade out! Thanks!

      Delete
    2. Correction! Starfish is NOT part of the Sugar Rush line, so you should be able to find it in the regular Sinful Colors displays. I bought so many yesterday, I forget which display I grabbed them from!

      Delete
  2. Wow nice haul. I got some of the new sinful colors too

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!