Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

ABC Challenge: F is for Fingerprints and Folly


Hiya, everyone!  Today brings us another ABC Challenge and our letter is "F".  I know the title up there says that F is for Fingerprints and Folly, but it also kinda stands for "Fail" here lol  This is not my favorite manicure, but I figure it's good to see the losers as well as the winners, yeah?  Anyway, here's what I have:


It just looks a mess, don't it?  Oh well.  I started here with 2 coats of Sinful Colors Folly, a watermelon pink creme.  I decided that fingerprints would be a fun manicure to do for "F", but I didn't want to spend 42 hours painting them on and I don't have a stamping plate with that pattern, so I searched around online a bit and found this.  Seemed pretty straight forward and easy; dip your finger in acrylic paint, dab off the excess and then press your fingertip into your nail.  I don't know if my paint was old or if I didn't press hard enough, but either way, I'm not particularly impressed with the result.  That's what I get for trying to cut corners!




I do, however, love the color of Folly.  It's really one of my all time favorite pinks.  It seems somehow less "girly" than a true pink and it's just gorgeous for summer. 

I can't wait to see what the other ladies have come up with for their "F" manicures!  You can find them all via the links below.  Thanks so much for reading!



23 comments:

  1. I say that with this pop of pink and fingerprints, you've rather nicely captured a seasonally cheery CSI crime scene motif.

    That takes talent, girl.

    LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're giving more credit than what's due, but thank you ;)

      Delete
  2. I think it actually looks pretty cool and it's something I've never seen before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I can still see the fingerprints! :P
    Very good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a funny idea! I appreciate it a lot, expecially from a professional point of view. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow thats an awesome idea! Like Lisa said before, it looks very CSI-ish :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's different - never saw this before either. Maybe the white is too stark a contrast. Maybe adding a lighter pink - something on between the two would change it a little. Definitely something to try. But you're right; base color is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think fails are just as important as successful manis. You learn lots when you mess up! Thanks :)

      Delete
  7. I think this is a fabulous idea! It totally looks like dusted fingerprints at a crime scene. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah well I don't see it as bad as you do! I think it's an interesting technique! Either way I agree with you, I like to see the so-called fails too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this technique! I tired this once too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you're very brave to have done this technique. And I love it! Looks like something from a crime scene!! Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmmmm that is an interesting technique... fingerprints. Maybe it would better with some glitter on top... that's my remedy for lots of oooopps manicures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, things are usually better with glitter!

      Delete
  12. I can totally see the fingerprints. What a unique idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmmm I might have to try this technique myself!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cool idea!! I think the effect turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't think they look bad at all!!! I can see the fingerprints and I like the pattern, its unique and different. The colors are super pretty too :)

    Kelly
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is damned cool!! I really like the fingerprint idea. Very cool effect!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like it, I think with this kind of mani it looks better when it's not "perfect". It kinda looks like reversed bloody prints. LOL Cool mani!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I do love the fingerprints! I agree, very CSI!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a neat idea, totally reminds me of CSI!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks so much, ladies! You are all so sweet and supportive, this is a great group and I'm so glad to be here!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!