Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Baby Pink Manicure


Howdy, everyone!  How's everyone's week so far?  Mine started great, had a dip in the middle, and is now back on track lol  And no, the dip had nothing to do with the election...although I think most politicians are dips!  Ha!  Ok, ok, enough of that...on to the nails!

Today I have a super girlie manicure for you to check out.  I've made a couple of trips to Walgreen's and Sally's over the last couple of days so I have tons of new polish to try out.  Yay!  Most everything I bought contains glitter, since everyone has their holiday collections out right now.  I had a hard time deciding which sparkly goodness I was going to try out today and this is what I chose:


...more after the jump...



 
Girlie, girlie, girlie, yes?  I very rarely wear pink polish.  No real reason other than that there are so many cool colors out there, pink can seem a little boring in the face of it.  For this manicure, I started with 2 coats of SinfulColors Easy Going, a very pale pink creme.  On top of that, I added 2 coats of Wet 'n' Wild's Fast Dry in Can-Can You Hang the Mistletoe.  Part of Wet 'n' Wild's Party Rocks Holiday 2012 Collection, Can-Can is a sheer hot pink jelly packed with small holographic hex glitter.  This polish is gorgeous!  Seriously, I stopped short when I saw it on the shelf because it's just so lovely.  AND at buy one get on half off at Walgreen's, I could not pass it up!  I decided that this mani needed even a bit more sparkle so I added a coat of Finger Paints' Sparkle Top Coat. STC is a clear base with holographic bar and micro glitter.  

So sparkly, so pink and so lovely!  Here's another shot:


You can see the various glitter textures and shapes a bit better in this photo.  I'm so glad I tried this combo out!  Although Can-Can doesn't really scream "holiday" at me, it is a great addition to my collection.

Thanks so much for reading and keep your eyes peeled for my next Purple Nails and Pigtails manicure as my KSU Wildcats take on the TCU Horned Frogs on Saturday!  Go, 'Cats!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!