Pages

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Game Day Manicure


Howdy everyone!  Another weekend is drawing to a close.  Because I know you're all terribly interested in my sports teams, my Wildcats pulled off a big win against the KU Jayhawks on Saturday.  It was a tough first half but they pulled away in the second and won 56-16 to become the #5/6 team in the nation!  EMAW!

I wanted to show you guys my game day manicure because I got so many compliments on it.   It was super simple to do and has a great visual impact.  I used 2 colors (K-State's colors are purple and white which if you've read my blog at all you've figured out by now) but this could be done with as many as 4 colors.  Too much more than that and you run the risk of getting a little muddy.  So here's the manicure:


...more after the jump...



I started with a thick coat of Wet 'n' Wild's Fast Dry in Buffy the Violet Slayer (doncha just love that name?).   While it was still wet, I dripped Sinful Colors Bad Chick on top and then picked up a toothpick and dragged it through both colors from the base of my nail to the tip.  It created a really cool tie dye effect.   Buffy is actually much more purple than these photos show.  My camera really doesn't like that color for some reason and it always comes out more blue than it should be.  I do color correct, but I can't seem to quite match it up.  Oh well, you get the idea.  Here's another look:


My favorite parts of this are where the polish color is thin and you can see my nail underneath.  It looks like blown glass and I just think it's so neat!  One more close up shot so you can see the design (incidentally, this one was taken with my phone so the color is a bit more true):



I'll be back to the next Nail-aween challenge for my next post so be sure to check back.  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!