Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

26 of 31: Nails Inspired by a Pattern


Howdy, everyone!  This is my first attempt at a scheduled post so we'll see if I can pull it off...seems pretty simple, which usually means it isn't lol

We're on to Day 26 of the 31 Day Challenge; nails inspired by a pattern.  I originally wanted to do houndstooth because it's just so awesome, but even I'm not crazy enough to attempt that free-handed and I don't have stamping plates yet.  I have a few on order, but to be honest, I can't remember what patterns they have and I'm pretty sure I won't seen them til the end of the week anyway.

So, my initial ambitions thwarted, I decided to go with a harlequin pattern instead.  Here's how it turned out:



I started with a coat of Wet 'n' Wild's Wild Shine in French White Creme and then used blue painter's tape and pinking shears to create the diamond shapes.  I painted over the tape stencils with Cirque's Fascination Street (not that you can tell from this photo, but FS is a lovely, lovely purple holographic.  Seriously, rainbows everywhere in sunlight...not so much in my crappy house lighting).  You can see in a couple of places where I should have been a bit more careful with the stencils, but on the whole, it turned out pretty well.

I'm very excited about tomorrow's challenge wherein I shall be inspired by artwork!  Tune in to see what shapes up.  Thanks so much for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Stamping plates...I got mine today...had no idea I needed special polish for it! Was all "This is broke this is" shouting at the plate like some crazy woman!

    Back to ebay!

    Like the harlequin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You crack me up! I got some plates today too (also from eBay), but in the tradition of making things difficult, of course the first package is the set I ordered without the stamper. So I have plates now, but nothing with which to stamp the designs to my nails. Frustration! Good luck on eBay and Thanks!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!