Pages

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Things that make me ANGRY

(Warning: Graphic photos of animal abuse follow...with the hopes of creating a happy ending)

Hello and Happy Saturday!  I know I just posted yesterday, but today, I want to show you something un-manicure related.  Those of you who know me, know that I love animals.  I work part time at a pet store and have a dog and cat of my own.  I am also a terrible sucker for any stray that wanders into my path.  

Here in Chicago, we have a great pet rescue called Trio Animal Foundation.  TAF's mission statement reads: 

"The Trio Animal Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that assists shelters, rescues and individuals by paying the medical bills of homeless pets. TAF also promotes adoption and responsible pet ownership, including spay and neuter."

TAF has helped support many homeless pets through horrific injuries and diseases to become healthy, happy and no longer homeless.  Today, I'm writing about them because of one special pup, Hudson.

  
On May 21,2012, this 3 month old puppy was found wandering the streets of the Englewood neighborhood in Chicago by local police.  Englewood is the home neighborhood of singer and actress Jennifer Hudson, which is where Hudson gets his name.  This is a pretty crime-ridden area and dog fighting is rampant.  Not only had poor Hudson obviously been used as a "bait" dog given the number of bites all over his body, someone had also set fire to his head.   I will never understand people who can do this to an animal.   I can't even talk about how angry and sad this makes me feel because I'll just start crying.   Suffice it to say, punishments for people who are caught participating in animal abuse are not harsh enough. 

I don't want to dwell on the person(s) who did this to Hudson as my aim here is to help TAF support him and the other animals they are currently working with.   Hudson's medical care is quite expensive and involves being treated for mange in addition to his burns and bites.   If you have a few extra dollars and want to do something good for someone who will really appreciate it, consider donating to TAF.  You can earmark your donation for a specific animal, like Hudson, or you can provide a general donation.  Any amount is helpful, as TAF takes on the most severely injured and abused animals to support.

Here is Hudson after only 2 1/2 weeks of proper medical care:



You can see the difference that TAF and a dedicated veterinary staff is making!  Look at that sweet face!  You can donate to TAF here if you wish.  They can also be found on Facebook if you'd like to keep up with Hudson's story and see who else is in need of help.

In closing, I don't mean to push my views on people or to appear to be begging for money but something has to be done to help animals who are abused like this every day in every part of the U.S.  If you don't donate to TAF and would rather keep it close to home, find a local animal shelter and donate time, money, or even old towels or a bag of quality pet food.  Every shelter or rescue group needs something and every small donation makes a big difference in the long run!  Thanks for your time and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!