Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

Tats and Tips

Hello and Happy Friday!  It's been a long, long week for me.  I had Monday and Tuesday off, but my mini vacation didn't really go according to plan so it was really less than relaxing.  Add to that two nights in a row of being at the jewelry studio working til 11 PM and I'm pretty pooped!  But not so much that I don't have a fun manicure for you this evening :)

  
Now that I tried the Sally Hansen polish strips, I can't get enough!  I'm wearing Tattoo Much on my ring fingers as an accent for this manicure.  This design uses fun flash tattoos of swallows, hearts, roses and stars. For the other nails, I started with three coats of Wet n Wild Fast Dry in FuchsiaRama (LOVE the name!).  Just like it sounds, FuchsiaRama is a bright purple-y pink jelly.  And I know everyone loves jellies, but they really aren't my favorite.  I like opaque polish that takes 2 coats or less to cover and I had to use three here.  The color is totally worth it, however.  I also think the finish is a little strange...sort of a semi-matte.  I end up covering with Seche Vite to make it shiny anyway.

As for the rest of this mani, I finally managed to get to Staples today to buy some hole reinforcements; you know, those little doughnut shaped stickers that you use to reinforce the holes in your notebook paper?  They are great for guidelines on manicures, whether used for French manicures or half-moons or anything else you can dream up.  I ended up cutting them in half and applying them to make a scalloped edge for my nail tips.  I think it gives the nail a little retro feel to go with the flash tattoo designs on the polish strip :)  I used Mac's Vestral White (a recent gift from my friend, Joe. Thanks again!)  for the tips.  Topped everything off with Seche Vite, of course!  Here's a detail view.


I hope you like this one as much as I do!  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!