Pages

Monday, September 8, 2014

Indie Spotlight: LynBDesigns The Fault in Our Stars Collection Part 1

*LynBDesigns products supplied for honest and unbiased review.  All other products mentioned were purchased by me*

Hello, hello!  I hope everyone has had a great weekend!  My Wildcats pulled out a heart-stopping (I don't call them the Cardiac 'Cats for nothing) win over Iowa State on Saturday so all is well in my world :)  But we're here to talk about nail polish so I shan't bore you with football any more!

A few weeks ago, Jenna from LynBDesigns asked me to swatch her September collection which is inspired by The Fault in Our Stars.  Jenna consistently puts out a quality polish and hers are some of my all time favorite indie polishes so of course I said "yes!" immediately. Even though I've neither read the book nor seen the movie, I feel like polish transcends its inspiration often enough that you don't really need to have intimate knowledge of that inspiration to appreciate it.  However, I imagine that many of you will love this one for the connection to the book.  I'll be showing you 3 polishes out of the 6-polish collection today.


First up is Time Slut.  I love the name of this polish even though I have no idea what the reference is lol  Time Slut is a pale lavender metallic polish with a subtle bit of electric blue to violet flash that grabs the light beautifully.  I must have autumn on the brain because this polish just reminds me of a cashmere sweater...something about the color is so cozy!


I'm wearing 3 coats of Time Slut with one coat of Seche Vite in these photos.   This polish has a great formula and I had no troubles with it at all.  Since Jenna sent these to me with plenty of testing time, I am also able to tell you that I wore this polish for 3 days with just a touch of tip wear so durability is also great!


Metallics typically aren't my favorite finish for a polish; they tend to be finicky to apply and can look streaky and uneven.  Time Slut does not fall into that category.  Easy application and a gorgeous color make it stand out from the pack.  



Zeno's Tortoise Paradox is the only crelly glitter polish in the bunch and the next up for review.  A pistachio-leaning green crelly base chock full of blue, white, green, and pink glitters in hexes and squares, ZTP is colorful and eye-catching.  ZTP reads as a springtime polish to me, the green base and pastel glitters feel appropriate to the growing season and I can definitely see myself pulling it out of the stash come April for a fresh Spring mani.


Again I'm showing 3 coats here and you'll most likely need a top coat (1 coat of Seche Vite shown here) just to smooth the larger glitters out a bit.  The opacity is good here and I probably could have gotten away with 2 coats.  No dragging or streaking and very little glitter-fishing at all.  Just a great formula!


I always love a good crelly polish and Jenna really has a knack for coming up with unique color combos.  Zeno's Tortoise Paradox is a fun polish and, if you're a fan of the crelly, you'll definitely want to grab it for your stash! 


Okay? Okay is the only holographic polish in the collection and is one of my favorites of the set.  Seriously, you add anything holographic to anything blue and you've got a winner!  A sky-blue creme scattered holographic with a subtle pink shimmer, Okay? Okay is breath-taking!  This one reminds me of crisp autumn skies and that little nip in the air that tells you some glorious fall days are on their way.



Opaque in 2-3 flawlessly smooth coats, I had no issues with application.  Durability was also an A+ with almost no tip wear after 3 days (with 1 coat of Seche Vite).  If you're looking for stunning blue polish to add to your collection, Okay? Okay is just the ticket!



The Fault in Our Stars collection will be available on the LynBDesigns Etsy site on Friday, Sept. 19.  Okay? Okay will retail for $10 for a full size bottle with Time Slut and Zeno's Tortoise Paradox at $8 each.  I highly recommend following LynBDesigns on Facebook to keep updated on new releases, sales, and giveaways.  Jenna recently started a fan group on Facebook as well called LynB Loves.  Joining it will gain you access to sneak peeks and other great perks (like pre-order discounts!), so you might want to consider that, too.

I hope you've enjoyed this post and that you'll tune in later this week for swatches of the second half of The Fault in Our Stars collection...there's a polish in the second bunch that will blow your mind, especially if you love purple, and duochromes, and holographic glitter...you won't want to miss it!  Thanks so much for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't been on much of a blue kick lately, but Okay? Okay is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!