Pages

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Indie Spotlight: LynBDesigns Pliny the Elder & The Credible Hulk

*All products purchased by me.  Unsolicited review.*


Happy Sunday, everyone!  Did everyone remember to "spring forward" with Daylight Savings Time?  This is my least favorite switch, I vastly prefer the other where we gain the hour of sleep to this one where we lose it.  I'm sure I'm not alone in that opinion, although I do enjoy the longer days of spring...let's hope the temperatures start to rise accordingly!

Today I wanted to show a couple of LynBDesigns polishes that I picked up during her last sale.  We all know I'm a sucker for holos and a firm believer that a girl can never have too many, so when I saw Jenna's They Say of the Acropolis collection I knew I had to have a couple of the holos.  This collections is based on a British game show called Quite Interesting, or QI for short.  It's gained a cult following here in the States and though I haven't had a chance to check it out, it's on my list to see.


First up is Pliny the Elder.  The photos I saw of this polish made me fall in love long before I got in my hot little hands.  It's described in the listing as "a linear holographic polish with a deep red jelly base and a smattering of orange iridescent glitter".  While Pliny the Elder is a linear holographic with orange glitter, the base comes off much more brown than red, or plum as I heard it described elsewhere.  It is, in fact, quite similar to LynBDesigns' Smoky Quartz (which has been discontinued) once it's on the nail.  I was a bit disappointed in this color, not because it's awful or terrible, but because it was pictured as something much more plummy than it is.  Just goes to show that computer moniters really do make a difference!  I'll continue this review based on the polish's merits, though, and not base upon what color I wish it were.  I just thought it was worth mentioning.  


The holographic effect is great and the orange glitter adds a little extra dimension, it give almost a flakie effect.  As usual, the formula was near perfect, I'm showing 3 coats with one coat of Seche Vite for these photos.  No dragging or drying time issues to report.
 

If you're looking for a darker holographic polish, I don't think you'd be disappointed in Pliny the Elder.  If you're looking for a purple or plum holographic...well, I'd try something else.
 

Next up is The Credible Hulk.  Now, this polish was everything the photos and descriptions promised and then some.  An olive green base with a golden shimmer, The Credible Hulk has a knock-you-out linear holographic effect.  I'm absolutely in love with green holos at the moment, they seem so perfect for spring, and this one is no exception!


The formula is beautifully smooth and easy to apply.  The Credible Hulk is a little on the sheer side, I've used 4 thin coats with one coat of Seche Vite, so you might want to consider undies.  But this is such a beautiful color on its own, I had to show it on its lonesome so you could bask in its loveliness!
 

*All products purchased by me.  Unsolicited review.*

Both Pliny the Elder and The Credible Hulk are currently available at LynBDesigns Etsy store for $10 for a full size, 15ml bottle.  Be sure to follow Jenna over on Facebook to keep up with new releases, sales, and other important info!

Thanks so much for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I really like how dark Pliny is - just sorry you were disappointed with it. I picked up both of these and just love them. She has some awesome stuff, and the show is pretty damn funny!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!