Pages

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Sunday Similarities: Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Private I & Wet 'n' Wild Fergie Ferguson Crest Syrah

*All products purchased by me.*

Hi there!  I know everyone is gearing up for the big game today (well, those of us in the U.S. for sure).  I wanted to get my Sunday Similarities post up before most of the hooplah started, although I know some folks start footballing even earlier than this.  I'm looking forward to the game, but I'm sad that football is pretty much over until August.  Personally, I'm hoping the Seahawks kick butt because (as I'm a Kansas City Chiefs fan) I really dislike Denver.  

Anyway, on to the polish!  These are two polishes I've had in my stash for awhile.  I've actually posted on Private I before and whilst organizing my collection last week, I rediscovered the Fergie and realized it looked pretty similar in the bottle to PI.  What are the results on the nail?  Take a look!


I'd say we've got some dupe-age here for sure!  With only the minutest differences between them, I'm sporting 3 coats of PI on my index and ring fingers, and 2 coats of Ferguson Crest Syrah on my middle and pinkie fingers.  Both of these polishes are a deep magenta base filled with glittery flecks of the same hue.  Both of these polishes promise a gold duochrome effect in the bottle which they do not deliver on the nail, which doesn't stop them from being pretty polishes but I wanted to be clear about that.  Don't be fooled by the gold shimmer in the bottle!


The main difference I noticed is in the formula.  FCS is much more opaque and was practically a one coater.  PI is much thinner and you'll most likely need at least 3 coats for opacity.  They both are smooth, easy to apply, and easy to clean up.  I wore O.P.I. Nail Envy as a base coat and had no staining which can sometimes be an issue with these darker red or purple polishes.  PI has maybe a touch more pink to the color, but only in certain lights and only very slightly.

Overall if you have one of these, you probably don't need the other.  They are just so similar I can't see a reason you'd need both.  Unless you're nutty like me and just don't realize they're dupes til after you've bought both already lol  I'm not sure if PI is still available in store any where.  I bought mine in the fall on clearance at Ulta and it was originally part of an LE collection.  FCS should still be pretty easy to get your hands on (and it's actually my preference of the two, I like the bottle's brush better and the formula was more opaque).  I've seen it at my local Walgreen's recently and I think the pricing is $3.49.  I'd keep an eye out for sales, though, as Walgreen's tends to have a lot of BOGO or BOGO 1/2 off sales throughout the year. 

Thanks so much for reading!

2 comments:

  1. LOL! I have both of these too and never realized how close they are to each other. I actually like Private I better - it's a little more pinkish - but not happy about the amount of coats needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always think I have a good idea of what polishes I have and what's similar to them in my head. Yeah, mostly I don't lol I don't want to like the Fergie better because the name is really silly (and not in a good way) but I like the opaqueness it has. I'm glad I'm not the only one who buys things not realizing they're pretty much the same as things I already have ;)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!