Pages

Monday, December 9, 2013

Indie Spotlight: Spellbound Nails Ashes and Soot & And To All A Good-Night

*Spellbound Nails nail polish provided for honest and unbiased review.  All other products mentioned were purchase by me*


Hello, hello!  I'm so, so sorry to have been away for so long!  I hope I still have a few of you reading after such an absence.  Last week was absolutely insane and I'm thrilled that it's over.  The One of a Kind Show was fantastic but very time-consuming and tiring and I'm just glad it's all over.  Because now I can get back to painting my nails...yay!  Of course, I'm still working with my nubbin middle nail after a really bad break last week.  It's growing out, but so, so slowly!  I scaled back the rest of my nails, but my quicks have grown out so far I wasn't able to get all of them even so I apologize for that.

Today I have 2 polishes from Spellbound Nails' 12-polish 'Twas the Night Before Christmas collection.  Ashley has come up with some beautiful polishes for this collection which consists entirely of glitter toppers, jelly glitter bombs and crelly glitter bombs.  You had me at sparkly!



And To All A Good-Night is a deep navy blue jelly with navy hexes, holographic micro glitters, and baby blue holographic moons (the Etsy listing states that there are also stars in this glitter mix, but I didn't seem to find any in my bottle.  I have a mini bottle though so it's possible that the pour just missed them).

This polish is just lovely, dark and deep...which is completely the wrong poem, I know, but that's what I thought of whilst applying it.  The formula is opaque in 2-3 coats, with a little extra fishing for the larger glitters.  I used 2 coats of Seche Vite on this and had no issues with any glitters sticking up or causing bumps.  I also had no staining issues upon removal, which is always good with a darker polish.


ATAAG-N is a beautiful addition to your holiday polish stash, especially if you're a fan of jellies in general.  Gotta love the squishy!


Ashes and Soot was a hard polish to photograph!  A black jelly base packed with navy blue and lavender holographic glitters, AAS has sparkle to spare!  The base is photographing with a brown tone, which I did not notice in person.  If anything, the base has more of a purple tone than brown, but that's most likely because of all the glitter in it.


Another good formula, this was opaque in 2 coats and the glitters flowed evenly over the nail.  You will want a top coat on this polish because it dries to a semi-matte finish.  A good top coat will help all that squishy jelliness shine, shine, shine!  I used Seche Vite again here.


There are several other polishes from this collection that I can't wait to get my hands on, particularly Eight Tiny Reindeer and Happy Christmas To All, but the entire collection is gorgeous!  They are currently listed on Etsy and Storenvy for $8 for a full-size 15ml bottle AND Ashley offers them in several yummy scents!  If you don't dig the smells, you can always opt for unscented.  You'll want to follow Spellbound Nails on Facebook to keep up with new releases and other important info (for instance, the several giveaways Ashley is currently involved in). 

*Spellbound Nails nail polish provided for honest and unbiased review.  All other products mentioned were purchase by me*

Thanks so much for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!