Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Indie Spotlight: Naild'It Unique Nail Polish


Hello everyone!  I've got so much goodness to share in this post, Imma just get right to it!  A few weeks ago, I saw on Facebook that Naild'It Unique Nail Polish was looking for a few bloggers to do some reviews.  I responded as soon as I saw the request but really, in the nail blogger community, you have to be glued to Facebook 24/7 to get in on those types of offers...usually.  Somehow, amid the flurry of responses, she managed to find mine and contacted me expressing interest in having me review a few polishes and so I have four for you guys today!  On to the lovelies!



Coral Cameo is a sweet peachy-pinky-coral-y shimmer with a pretty gold flash.  This color is so very lady-like and would be great for work, if they frown on crazy polishes where you work.  I'll be honest and say that this is not my favorite color for me, but the gold shimmer does set it apart from being just another pink polish.



CC is fairly sheer, I'm showing 4 coats in these photos, so you may want undies (as a proper lady would, I'm neither proper nor a lady so I like to go au natural with my polish).  Aside from the sheerness, which I don't count as a disadvantage, I had no issues.  CC's formula was nice, flowed well and didn't drag or bald on the nail.  I think there are some great layering possibilities with this one because of its sheerness and I'm wondering what it would look like over a darker color as undies. 



As I said earlier, Coral Cameo would be a great work polish for your conservative-type jobs and I'm very interested in checking out layering possibilities so be on the look out for that in the future ;)


Next up is a gorgeous crelly glitter bomb named Late Bloomer.  LB is actually part of Naild'It's Fall collection.  She included it as a reminder that though the season is turning cooler and leaves are falling, late-blooming flowers remind us that Spring will come again!  It's a great inspiration and she captured it perfectly!



LB has a peachy-beige base packed with tons of hexes and dots in peach, marigold, mint, pale pink and rose with holographic squares, hexes and shimmer.  You guys know how much I love these crelly bombs and LB is no exception.


These photos show 2 coats of Late Bloomer over the aforementioned 4 coats of Coral Cameo.  Normally, I wouldn't use so many coats for an undercoat, but I already had it on and when you're swatching sometimes, you take shortcuts to save time.  Additionally, these two go really well together so I figured, why not?  I'm certain LB will build up nicely on its own as well in 3-4 coats if you're looking for a little more depth with the glitter.  You will most likely need a good top coat to even things out a bit, but LB is no bumpier than other polishes of this type.  Fishing for the larger glitters was minimal and the formula overall was great.



Silver Dollar Hollar is up next (doncha just love the name?!).  SDH is a silvery grey metallic polish with a scattered holographic effect.  This polish dries to a matte finish, but I've used top coat in these photos because it brings out the holographic effect a bit better.  I'll be doing a comparison post with SDH in a bit, because it strongly reminds me of Julep's Rebel and I'd love to see them side by side.



SDH was a suprise favorite for me.  I know, I know, how could anything holographic be a "surprise" favorite, but it's true.  I thought this was pretty in the bottle but really fell in love with it on my nails.  The formula was fantastic, this is 3 thin coats and I probably didn't need the third coat, but I do so like to overdo.  The holographic effect is subtle, but it works really well with the color.  



Definitely, SDH is a worthy addition to your collection so don't wait to snap it up if it's caught your eye ;)


And finally we come to my favorite of the four, Hocus Bogus.  Aside from the fabulous name, it's a glitter bomb topper with tons of purples and blues, my two favorite colors!  I literally gasped when I unwrapped this one, shortly followed by squeals of "IT'S SO PRETTY!" and much happy dancing.  I've shown one coat of Hocus Bogus over Silver Dollar Hollar here because, again, it was convenient whilst swatching AND I just thought SDH helped show off the awesomeness of HB so well.


HB has multi-sized hexes in many shades of purple, fuchsia, teal, blue, black and periwinkle, some of which are holographic with some holographic blue stars thrown in for good measure.  I'm so in love with this glitter mix, I can't even tell you!  As I mentioned before, this is one coat, so you can tell how packed this bomb is!



You'll notice the huge black hex piece on my index finger in the above photo.  I'm not sure if he's supposed to be in there or not, as I fished for awhile and couldn't find any more in the bottle.  I actually love it when that happens, it makes it one of a kind and is one of the many things I love about indies.  Other than fishing for another (possibly non-existent) large black hex, there was minimal fishing for anything else.  You'll need a top coat to smooth things out but I didn't have any issues with curling or excessive bumps.  

Naild'It Unique Nail Polish certainly lives up to her name, both in the accuracy and the unique factor.  Her glitter combinations in particular are quite unique and definitely gorgeous!  These polishes are currently stock on MeiMei's Signatures and she will also offer them on Llarowe  and Etsy, but you'll have to follow Naild'It Unique on Facebook for release dates.  Her polishes retail for $9-11 on Etsy and Llarowe, but are a little bit higher on Mei Mei's due to the Singapore to U.S. dollar translation.

Thanks so much for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!