Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Born Pretty Store Review: Gemstone Nail Stickers

*Gemstone Nail Stickers provided by Born Pretty Store for honest and unbiased review.  Shirley Ann Nail Lacquer polish won in a contest and all other products mentioned purchased by me*
  Hello everyone!  I hope you've all had great weekends.  I went apple picking yesterday with my friends and it was so much fun!  If you happen to live in the Chicagoland area and are looking for a fun Fall activity with or without children, check out Kuipers Family Farm.  Not only do they have a huge orchard to pick apples in, they have a restaurant, a fantastic general store with all sorts of yummy and adorable things, a pumpkin patch and a bunch of activities for kids, including a petting zoo and corn maze :)

Anyway, on to the point of this post!  I've got some gemstone nail "stickers" from the Born Pretty Store to review for you today.  I'm putting the "stickers" in quotes because they don't actually stick by themselves so I'm not sure that it's the appropriate term for them, but that's how they're listed so let's roll with it lol



I'm going to start off by saying that these gems are not my favorite product from BPS.  For starters, most of the gems are quite large.  I had a hard time figuring out where they would fit on my nails.  The colors and variety are great, but I found it odd that most of the varieties had only 3 stones.  If I wanted to use them for a full manicure, instead of just an accent, it would be challenging to say the least.



Not only are the gems large, they're also pretty thick.  You can see in the above photo that they stick off the nail quite a bit.   I didn't wear these for too long, but I can imagine they'll get caught on things a lot and are probably best just for photos instead of extended wear.  I wasn't sure how to apply them, the packaging came with no instructions, so I decided to apply a top coat over my base color, and while it was still wet, place the gem where I wanted it.  I then topped the whole mani with more top coat.  I would suggest purchasing some nail art glue at Sally's or somewhere if you need a longer wear. 



I do want to talk about my base color for a quick minute.  This is 3 coats of Tattle Teal by Shirley Ann Nail Lacquer.  I was lucky enough to win this polish by naming it :)  TT is a pretty minty green teal shimmer.  It's quite sheer, at 3 coats I still had a bit of VNL, but I love the color!  Cherish, the owner of SANL, has a lovely selection of polish in her shop and they retail for $3.00 and $6.00 for mini and full sized bottles, respectively.  Give her shout on Facebook as well!

Back to the gemstone nail stickers.  I do think they're an interesting look, just perhaps not for me.  The colors are very pretty and they do have the look of real stones.  Unfortunately, they aren't the most practical or easy to use.  They currently retail on Born Pretty Store for $7.30 for 38 pieces in 12 colors, so it's a good value.   If you're interested in these gemstone nail stickers or any other nail art products from BPS, please use my discount code, YFL91.  Not only will you save 10% off of your entire order, if at least 10 people use the code, Born Pretty Store will sponsor a giveaway for Over the Top Coat readers!

As always, thanks so much for reading!

*Gemstone Nail Stickers provided by Born Pretty Store for honest and unbiased review.  Shirley Anne Nail Lacquer polish won in a contest and all other products mentioned purchased by me*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!