Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Daring Digits: Watching Clouds & Family


Hey there, hi there, ho there!  Anyone remember the Mickey Mouse Club?  Or am I the oldest person in the room again?  lol  I hope you're all having a great week so far.  My day was actually kind of crappy, but I've got high hopes for tomorrow.  If any of my anticipated nail mail would get here already, it would surely brighten my week!

However, now it's time to talk about some nail mail that DID arrive!  Last week, I got my order from Ashley over at Daring Digits.  I nabbed a set of her For the Children collection, anticipating mini bottles, but since she's just tops, she actually sent me full size bottles as a surprise.  Because of that, a full size bottle of Where the Heart Is is currently up for grabs as a prize in my Birthdanniversary Giveaway, so if you haven't entered yet, what are you waiting for??  Free nail polish!

Today, I have 2 polishes from the For the Children collection to show you.  This collection is  inspired by El Ranchito De Los Ninos. El Ranchito de Los Ninos, located in Los Lunas, NM, is an organization offering an alternative to foster care where kids (especially siblings) can grow in a supportive, family farm setting.  It runs 100% off donations from business, charities, and personal donations. Since they receive no state funding, donations are critical.  For every bottle of polish sold from this collection,  $3.00 will be donated to El Ranchito De Los Ninos. What a great way to support a great cause!


First up is Watching Clouds, a light blue crelly base chock full of matte white hexagons in several sizes, pearlized small white hexes, and blue holographic mini glitters.  WC is so aptly named, the larger white hexes really do mimic clouds floating across a beautiful blue sky.


I layered 2 coats of WC over 2 coats of Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear in Breezy Blue.  I topped everything with 2 coats of Seche Vite.  WC's formula was great, no application issues aside from some minor fishing for the larger glitters, which is to be expected when dealing with larger glitters in the first place :)  All in all, I love this polish and am so happy to have it in my stash!


Next up is Family.  This clear-based glitter topper is packed with just about every color and shape of glitter you can think of!  There are stars, dots, hexes, diamonds, moons, and hearts in every color of the rainbow!  I apologize that my photos of Family just don't do it justice.  I've decided that my birthday present to myself this year is going to be new lights...well, that and a splurge-worthy bottle or wo of polish (I'm hoping to nab Oceanic Forces and Dark Forces from Llarowe's restock of Emily de Molly next week, ON my birthday!  Has to be a sign, right??)


I hope this macro shot gives you a better idea of what we're dealing with here.  Sheer awesomeness is what!  I layered 2 coats of Family over 3 coats of Spoiled's Checkin' Into Rehab.  Look at that combination of glittery goodness!


 And then, cuz I just can't leave well enough alone....


I HAD to do a jelly sandwich with this!  I've not been able to stop staring at my nails all day, they're sooooo pppprreettyyy!


For the sandwich, I added another coat of Checkin' Into Rehab.  It's really a nice purple jelly for the price, and the little pink flakies in it pick up the light so nicely in the sun.

If you haven't tried Daring Digits polish yet, she's setting up for a huge summer clearance sale right now.  The sale starts Sunday, July 14th at 12 PM  Mountain/2 PM Eastern and her site will be down until then.  Ashley's polishes are already really reasonably priced (full size bottles of the FTC collection were $9.50 each/$45 for the set of 5), so don't think you need a sale to snatch 'em up, but this is a great time to do so! 


Thank you so much for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!