Pages

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Turq-ish Delight from Hit Polish


Hiya, folks!  Having a good weekend?  It's chilly and rainy here in Chicago...again.  I'm a little tired of the dreariness lately.  Fortunately, all my over spending at Memorial Day means that nail mail is at an all time high!  I'll have plenty of new pretties to show you all for the next few weeks, yay!

I'm starting here with a pretty crelly glitter from Hit Polish (formerly D&R Apothecary) called Turq-ish Delight.


TD is a smoky turquoise crelly base with varied bright orange hexes, fuchsia and teal dots, and holographic micro glitter throughout.  The turquoise base in this polish is very interesting, ranging from a bright, true turquoise in certain light to a deeper, smoky blue in others.  The glitters are amazing!  The hot orange contrasts so well with the turquoise and you all know how much I dig the dots.


The formula was good, opaque in 2-3 coats (I'm wearing 3 here).  I did have a little trouble getting the larger hexes out of the bottle, but that's to be expected.  I was impatient and didn't turn my bottle upside before application, which usually solves that issue.  In any case, I love this polish so much, I just don't care lol  To make the orange pop even more, after my final coat had dried a bit, I used a small nail art brush and a little acetone to brush over top of the large hexes.  This cleaned off the light layer of turquoise base and just let the orange shine through a little more.  As with most crelly glitters, there was a little bumpiness without a top coat so, I used two coats of Seche Vite to smooth things out a bit. 

All in all, this is a gorgeous polish and I can't wait to try out the other polishes I snagged from Hit Polish, including the free mini they sent with my order as a "thank you" for helping them reach 10,000 sales.  I love getting free polish, especially when it's unexpected!  If Hit Polish keeps making gorgeous polishes like Turq-ish Delight, I imagine their sales won't stop at 10K ;)

Have you tried Hit Polish?  What did you think?
Thanks so much for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!