Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

Sugar Rush with a Side of Bombshell


Howdy everyone!  Sorry it's been a few days since I posted, it was kind of a crazy weekend.  I put myself on a "no-buy" for last week and then broke it all over the place at Ulta on Friday and then Ulta again and Forever 21 on Saturday.  Forever 21 had a half off of clearance prices sale so I got a bunch of polish for $0.49 a bottle!  I'm excited to try out their polishes as that was my first ever trip into the store.  I'll be going back, I'm sure!

Additional to all the polish I bought over the weekend, I did get some nail mail as well.  I received my Add On from Julep (however, never got my Maven Box, so I'm a bit bummed about that) and, much more exciting, my first ever order from Darling Diva Polish!  I first saw this polish featured over on Lucy's Stash.  You can see the review that caught my eye here.  The polish that really stood out to me was Sugar Rush and I've done a little manicure with it!  Take a look:


You can see Sugar Rush is on my ring fingernail.  It's so fantastically magical!  My very first indie polish and what a great choice!

....more after the jump....






Here's a macro shot of SR.  Large neon translucent hex glitters with smaller squares and holographic micro glitter, SR is just so amazing!  I've shown it here over 2 coats of Wet 'n' Wild's French White Creme.  The formula is awesome, no fishing for the larger glitters and it wasn't gloppy or too thick.  You can see that I got a little over zealous with my Seche Vite, the bubbles are from that not from Sugar Rush.  I'm so glad I decided to pick this polish up and I can't wait to order more from Darling Diva!  You can find her polishes at her etsy site.  They retail for $8-12 for a full size bottle with $3 for US shipping...totally worth it!


My other nails are sporting Orly's Bubbly Bombshell, a fuchsia glitter bomb.  BB went on pretty easily and was mostly opaque in 3 coats, with some touch ups here and there.  I did notice a good amount of tip wear after the first day, but I think that's par for the course with glitter bombs.  I picked up a mini bottle of Bubbly Bombshell at Ulta for $3.50.

Overall, this was a fun and sparkly manicure.  Be on the look out for some major swatching coming up.  Seriously, I think I bought about 15 nail polishes this weekend, so I've got a lot of work to do!

Thanks so much for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!