Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

SMD-Revlon's Popular


Hello, hello! 4 days in a row of posting, it's almost unprecedented for me!  I'm sure I'll lapse back to irregularity soon, so enjoy it while you can.  

The polish I have for you today is a special one.  If you've been reading my blog for awhile, you know that I lost a very good friend in November.  Over the last few weeks, we "Chicago Girls" have been helping Shannon's parents clean out her condo and go through her things.  Shannon had a love of fingernail polish, not as crazy as mine, but above average for sure.  While organizing her place, we came across her stash, which I have now inherited.  I've decided to do a weekly swatch or nail art with her polishes as a sort of tribute.  Her taste in polish differed a lot from my own, so there are quite a few colors that I would not have purchased for myself...it'll be good to try something different and I think she'd like that they're being used. 

So, my first SMD Stash manicure is with Revlon's Popular.  Take a look:




....more after the jump....

 

Popular is a soft baby pink polish with silver hex and micro glitters mixed in.  It is the epitome of "girly".  I used 3 coats in these photos and I thought the coverage was good, as well as the formula itself.  I had a hard time getting used to this color on me, it's just so far from what I normally wear.  After about a day of wear, it did grow on me although I do think it's a color better suited to a darker skin tone.  It was fun to try something different in any case. 

Here's another look:


I think this has some great nail art possibilities for future manicures.

As a reminder, my very first giveaway is still open.  I only have a couple of folks signed up so far, so that means your odds of winning a pretty darn good at this point.  So come on over and sign up!  Thanks so much for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!