Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Sam & Willy's Manicure


Howdy everyone!  Tonight was the holiday dinner for my workplace.  We really only have 4 employees so it's a small get together, but it's always a good time.  In honor of our after hours evening, I decided to do a Sam & Willy's manicure.  If you live in the Chicago area and haven't been by yet, Sam & Willy's is definitely worth a trip.  We carry tons of cute dog and cat stuff as well as a great selection of healthy pet foods, including raw and grain-free diets.  Ok, that's it for the plug, on to the nails!


I'm pretty proud of how this one turned out.  The base color is 3 coats of Wet 'n' Wild in French White Creme.  The portraits are done with black striping polish and various acrylic paints.  For the letters, I just used a Sharpie.  The only drawback to that is that sometimes the ink runs when applying a top coat.  I think maybe I just need to let it dry longer before I use my Seche Vite but I was in a hurry last night to finish this one up.

Here's a close of Sam's portrait on my thumbnail:


And one of Willy on my pinky:
 

Please check out S&W's facebook page to keep updated on the latest sales and events at the store!

As always, thanks so much for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!