Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Game Day Manicure


Howdy, everyone!  I know I've been slacking on the posts lately, but I have a good excuse, I promise.  It's just been a hectic few days and I haven't had time to polish my nails. *gasp* The horror!  I've been wearing this manicure since Wednesday night, I had to plan ahead for game day this week because I had plans every night until tonight.  Having a social life is tough!  lol  Anyway, these game day manicures have become a ritual and, as my Wildcats are still undefeated, I'm pretty sure they give that little extra oomph they need to win!  Yes, I'm aware that it has more to do with Collin Klein's arm than with my nails, but superstitions are only weird if they don't work!  So here's what I have:


I started with 2 coats of Wet 'n' Wild's Megalast in On a Trip, a dusky purple creme.  My camera never really captures purple very well, this is actually much less blue than it shows up here, but you get the idea. On top of that, I applied 2 coats of Barielle's Purple Hearts, multi-sized purple and holographic hex glitters.  Using Nailside's Explosion tutorial, I taped off a design.  I painted on a clear base coat and then dipped my finger into a pot of Wet 'n' Wild's Fantasy Makers Confetti in Glitz.  I've got to hit Walgreen's and get another bottle of that stuff; gorgeous holographic silver glitter!  It's in their seasonal Halloween makeup aisle and I believe it retails for around $5.  Good stuff!

A close up of my accent nail and you can also see Purple Hearts a bit better:


And one more shot for good measure:
 

I hope you enjoy my Game Day Manicures as much as I do!  Tomorrow I'll have another Nail-aween Challenge mani for you, so be sure to drop by.  Thanks so much for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!