Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

Blue French Manicure


Hello, everyone!  I have a quick post for you today.  After the other day's super sweet manicure, I thought it was time for something a little less ooey-gooey.


I started with 3 coats of Wet 'n' Wild's Fast Dry in Teal or No Teal.  It's a bit more green than you can see in the photos here, a very pretty teal shimmer.  After that dried, I got out my trusty paper reinforcements to use as guides for french tips.  For the tips, I used Julep's Marisa, a beautiful deep blue polish.  Even with guides, my tips weren't perfect so I straightened them up as best I could with Marisa and outlined them with Color Club's Art Club striper in Glitter Hologram.   This is a handy trick if, like me, your french manicure never seems to turn out with a sharp, even edge.  Just cover the uneven edge with a thin stripe of glitter; it adds sparkle and camouflages any imperfections on the edge.  

This turned out much better than I thought it would since I didn't really have an idea of what I wanted to do.  I'm already thinking about other color combinations to try!

Before I sign off for the night, I wanted to tell everyone about a giveaway over at Enamel Girl's blog.  She's giving away one Jade Holographic polish to each of 3 winners.  There are several ways to enter and you have until tomorrow, June 26th, to get your entries in.  Just go here to enter and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment here. I don't get to respond to every comment but I do read and appreciate each one. Please be aware, I delete all comments with websites/links attached that do not have prior approval. Thank you!